CALRAs has a broad set of aims and objectives in its founding constitution. The following are some of the main activities undertaken:-
- Providing training in law reform;
- Engaging with the Commonwealth and with governments to seek high quality law reform geared to the specific country;
- Organising international conferences on law reform;
- Writing a guide to good practice in law reform – which is now available: see under Guide to law reform, as a joint production with the Commonwealth Secretariat;
- Undertaking other law reform activities, such as giving advice and assistance, and conducting reviews of existing law reform machinery; and
- Maintaining strong relationships with relevant organisations, including the members of the Commonwealth Legal Forum, a group of Commonwealth legal associations.
Download: CONSTITUTION, with 2005 amndts (35KB)